Welcome to the Belmont Hill School Health Center Resource Board. Please use this site to find health-related information regarding our School Health Guidelines and up to date information throughout the year.
If your son is missing school due to a routine medical or dental appointment, please email to report absence to email@example.com
If you son will be absent, late or leaving early from school due to illness or any medical related issue and you wish to keep the information confidential, please call or email the Health Center directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do not send your son to school if he has the following:
- Nausea, diarrhea (loose stool), or vomiting (throwing up), or if your son has thrown up during the night
- A cough that is not caused by asthma or allergies
- A temperature of 101.5°F or 38.6°C or above. Keep your son home from school until his temperature has been normal for 24 hours without taking Tylenol or Motrin.
- A sore throat (especially if they have a fever, rash, complain of a headache, or if you see white patches in the back of their throat)
- A diagnosis of strep throat. Keep your son home from school until he has been on antibiotics for 24 hours and does not have a fever.
- Any health issue that keeps your son from taking part in learning and school activities.
Each fall, Belmont Hill offers an option on campus flu vaccine clinic. Information regarding the clinic with the opportunity to sign up will be emailed.
This document is for use by Belmont Hill Medicine Clinicians (Director of Health Services, School Nurse, and Athletic Trainers) when treating Student-Athletes who have suffered a sport-related concussion or are suspected of having suffered such a concussion.
Belmont Hill Concussion Protocol
Belmont Hill has 10 AED units at these locations:
- Library Corridor
- Jordan Athletic Center - Outside of the Athletic Trainer's office
- Alumni House kitchen
- Speare and Underwood Dorms
- Boat House
- Health Office lobby
- Campus Security Officer
CPR classes are available to Faculty, Staff and Students during the school year. Contact Emi White at 617-993-5335 for more information.
Food Allergy Information
Belmont Hill School is a nut aware community. We are dedicated to fostering the health, nutrition, and well-being of all students, including those with food allergies, by providing a supportive School community that is as safe as possible. Our Dining Team and Director of Health Services work individually with students who have food allergies and sensitivities to provide safe and nutritious meals. A “My Zone” area is offered for students with food allergies and sensitivities. This area in the Dining Hall allows students to be involved in their own allergen-safe meal preparation. “My Zone” is free of all tree-nut, peanut, and gluten-containing products.
EpiPens are located at these locations throughout campus:
- Alumni House Kitchen
- Health Clinic (New location: Eliot Building ground level)
- Jordan Athletic Center: First Floor, Athletic Trainer's Office
- Jordan Athletic Center: Second Floor, Wadsworth Kitchen
- Kitchen (snack bar wall)
- Speare Dorm
- Underwood Dorm