THE BOLLES MAKERSPACE AT BELMONT HILL
Belmont Hill is excited to announce its plans to transform historic Bolles House into a wonderfully redesigned makerspace. The renovation will provide increased space on campus for project-based learning experiences, which promote important critical thinking and problem-solving skills. This two-level, 1500 square-foot space will be located in the center of Belmont Hill’s campus, overlooking the Chapel lawn. Construction began in June 2021. The anticipated completion date is January 2022.
Belmont Hill’s New Makerspace Goals and Features
- A space for boys to create, design, pursue engineering activities, and display and present their work in new and innovative ways.
- Access to a range of exciting tools for making such as a laser engraver, knife cutter, sewing machine, and 3D printers.
- The main level will offer the ability to function as two separate spaces or one larger space with remarkable flexibility.
- A dedicated training area and soldering station for robotics, to enable a Robotics Team.
- A lower level that will house a full-sized CNC mill, which will connect to our work in the woodshop in the nearby Robsham Arts Center.
- A newly designated space across the Bolles corridor to accommodate a podcasting studio.
Announcement from Greg Schneider, Ronald M. Druker '62 Head of School to Parents on April 26, 2021.